Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ceramics Project

Ceramics Project
To make this project, I used clay. The size of mine is about 6 inches wide. Before you could actually use your clay and start molding the bowl, you had to throw it against the table a couple of times to loosen up the molecules in the clay to be ready to mold. After you threw it against the table, you had to then roll it out with the slab roller to make it thinner. After that, I took the bowl that I was going to use to mold my clay piece, and started molding it. I molded my clay over top of the bowl so my mold was called a "hump mold". My clay piece does serve a function. You can put food in it and eat out of it if you would like. From this project, I learned that you have to be very careful with the clay and make sure that overnight there is no air that is getting to it or else it could dry when you're not even finished with it. If i could change one thing about my project, it would be to change the shape of the outside edges of it. I liked that my edges were different than everyone else's, however, they broke off really easily and did not look as neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment