Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

Acrylic Landscape Painting
Starting this project, I first brainstormed then decided what I was going to paint. Once I decided on an ocean type of painting, I then gathered a collection of pictures of sailboats, the ocean, and different colored skies. I then sketched my idea of how I was going to lay out all of the objects on my paper. At first, I was going to paint a palm tree on my painting so in my drawing of my painting, i drew a palm tree. Later on, I decided that with the colors of my painting, a palm tree would not look good. So instead of a palm tree, I added a sail boat. After drawing my sketch of the painting, I then decided for a color scheme of my painting. I decided on an analogous color scheme using blues and purples. I made a color sample paper using tints and shades for each of the colors that I would use in my painting.Once i finished that, I started painting on my canvas. The first day, I painted the sky. The next day I painted on top of my sky and added the background which was the mountainous type of cliff. The next day I added the ocean, which was my middle ground. The fourth day, I painted the sand which was my foreground. Once i finished painting the basic landscape of my painting, I added details. I added the sailboat and wavy lines in the water to make it look like waves and like it was moving. The definition of atmospheric perspective is the effect the atmosphere has on the appearance of an object as it is viewed from a distance. In my painting there is atmospheric perspective. This is where objects or pieces of land that are farther away are a lighter shade. This makes them look like they are far back in the distance. In my painting i used various types of brush strokes. the ones in the sky were horizontal lines. The ones in the water were wavy lines and also dabs of white paint for the bubbles that the ocean waves form. There is a lot of value in my painting. The color of the water was darker to show a shadow coming off of the cliff behind the water. My sky was blue with some pinks and purples in it. These colors reflected in the water so the pinks and purples were in the water, just a duller shade of those colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment